25 October 2009

RX-78-2 patch

RX-78-2 Gundam Custom / ガンダム・カスタム

Recently finished the RXー78ー2 G30th version.



As you can see, I altered the original color sheme on 2 locations [ shoulder and shield], resulting in a much less colorful colorsheme but a more blueish one, you could call this a RX-78-2.5 (think of the gray/blue RX-78-3).



The other modification was done at the V Antenna, due the loss of the red ruby which usually should be there, anyways, I tried to modify the V Antenna to look like one piece, which, from a fair distance, looks that way, but as soon as you close up, you can see that there is still to much epoxy left,...



I think that I will fix this as soon as I have to paint with white again, which will most likely be the Display for my O Gundam which is currently under construction.

All in all, there are plenty of details I messed up, I hope my O Gundam will not suffer so much spills etc. But nonetheless I really like the ideas of the modifications I did, although they could have been better.

No comments: