08 March 2009

Light up Z'Gok (Char Aznable color, MG)

Still not finished with my diorama ( i'm working on it,... i hope to finish the GM this month and the terrain, with the Dom the only component remaining), but I want to show you some (although) old, but modded Mastergrade kit.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Can you see what it is? (Unless you didn't read the topic) It's a Mastergrade Z'Gok, and it's Char's!
I really like the Z'Gok, and I can say, it's my favourite amphibious Mobile Suit. (As well as Z'Gok-E and Hy Gogg).
While writing this, I regret that I didn't take any photos of the modding process.
The Eye was initially a sticker on a clear part (lense), which is connected by some kind of pole to a wheel, which can be twisted in order to move the eye.
I removed the lense and drilled some holes. The LED I used fit perfectly! After the LED was inserted, I drilled a hole between Torso and Head unit. Inside the Torso, I stored some additional wire, in order to keep the eye poseable.
Last I drilled a hole between between torso an waist. and that's it!
Now, there is about half a metre of wire going from the waist to the batteryclip.
Again, I'm very sorry that I don't have any photos of the modding process itself.
I really hope that I won't forget to take photos next time I'll do a modding.

Speaking of modding, the next modded Gunpla will (hopefully) be the 1/100 Tieren.
Why 'hopefully'?
Like with the Z'Gok, I don't have any clue on how big the 'to be modified' parts are right now.
I'll need to wait for the kit, check with my red LED's which I still have, if there's enough space. If this is positive, i gonna buy 2 white and/or 1 UV LED light.

Now, a little bit about my diorama.
Here you got 2 Pictures of the 'alpha' version. Which is mainly for determining poses, which the models will have eventually.
Note that the Dom isn't finished yet and that the GM isn't my 'airbrush' GM (currently waiting for surfacing the 'white' (some kind of very bright brown) parts (orange is finished))

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I won't use this styrofoam base for the dune, I'll save this piece of Styrofoam for some kind of cliff or building or whatever.
The Dom Tropen will mimmick the pose of the Dom from the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime. (Jet Stream Attack. anyone?) Whereas the GM is supposed to slide downwards (and being surprisingly attacked by the Dom)

No comments: